Sunday, December 23, 2012

'twas the night before the night before Christmas

'twas the day before the night before Christmas when the phone suddenly rang and what do my mothers wandering ears hear but a serenade that went something like this: you better not scream, you better not shout, you better not pout, the kids and I are picking you up to see Santa! Not probably the thing she was wanting to hear at 945 after a restless night but as always mother was dressed and at the gate by 1130 and off we ran to buy graham crackers then go see the jolly ol fat man himself! Not to mention we got to look around this really cool antique "mall" thing over in Milton where Santa was visiting. Afterwards we pawned the kids off on Granddaddy who drew, cut out and taped sharks to the wall with them while mom and I recovered the little folding chairs the kids sit on in my den. One tore earlier in the month so mom and I found some rubber shelf liner that made a great upholstery for kiddy chairs! Only one casualty...the nail gun chipped moms thumb nail when I shot it. Oh, and Jax has a blister on his knuckle where he grazed the hot glue gun. Upon returning home I hit up Redbox for Men in Black 3 and Arthur Christmas (for the kids) and watched movies with hubby while Jax zonked out in my lap and Freyja enjoyed her Santa flick in the den. Now she's happily passed out after reading her new Peter Rabbit book from Granddaddy and is cuddling her Peter that came with it, Jax is out cold in my bed and I just took my horse pills for an early onset of fever blisters. Time to call it a night and prep for the big night tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment