Friday, August 17, 2012

Day 230


Happy 2nd birthday to my lil buddy! My lil red headed tazmanian pain in the rear!! Hard to believe two years ago this evening I was laying in a hospital bed alone with this lil guy with his red peach fuzz mohawk and thanking God that he was a boy after all even though I had prayed for another girl the entire time. He's had a fun day today, he slept in til 8am, got to go shopping, took a nap in my arms in the recliner, had a melt down when I left for work (only to be sent home unneeded today). He beemed like I had brought him the moon when I came home with his Pocoyo balloon blown up! He helped me clean up the kitchen while I cooked pizzas and baked brownies. Then Opa and Granmama came over and we had his favorite dinner (pizza) and his dream dessert (warm brownie with mint chocolate chip ice cream). He LOVED all of his birthday gifts! Daddy and I got him a set of Pocoyo dolls, Papa and Granma Stella got him a train set (seen in picture)...I opted to only give him the vehicles for his birthday and save the buildings and tracks for Christmas or next birthday when he's a bit older. Gran and Grandaddy got him HIS first baby doll, Brother.  Aunt Katherine and Uncle Dave sent him a "rug" thats like a big map that he can drive his new trains and cars on and pretend its a real model layout or road (easy for him to pick up and drag around to where he wants to play). And Opa and Granmama got him a couple of Pocoyo books and a Lil Tykes basketball hoop. Last but not least, he got to facetime with Papa and Granma Stella and they sung him happy birthday. It was a bit of a fight getting the ipad back from him because he wanted to show them all of his new toys and talk to them. Tomorrow is grocery day with Gran! Time to get some shut eye, its been a long week with Rush and getting up so early...two more days and we start KINDERGARTEN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment