Thursday, April 7, 2011

Cuddle Buggs

How I lucked into this picture, I will never know!! To get both of them to sit still, smile and LOOK at me at the same time is miracle! I just had to share this one first because they are just too precious in this one not to revisit it. You can see that sisterly love for her lil brother too. Not once in almost 8months has she ever been jealous. He's HER boy, HER lil man, HER baby....you name it, he's 100% hers! 
Ahhh....the crawling stage has begun! So long to days of not worrying whats on the floor, goodbye to Star's safety of laying in her bed uneaten (he LOVES to chew Star's ears). Yesterday he hoovered a piece of plastic wrap from the den floor and gagged for about 15minutes til I was able to locate it and get it out. I had to make him throw up twice before we found it and got it out. Last night for almost two hours he explored the living room floor while David and I watched tv. He likes getting under the coffee table and pulling up or going and trying to retrieve his toys from under the couches. He put too much weight on one of his toys and landed face first on the table at one point but never even cried, just looked back at me, laughed and cruised on around the table. David and I were commenting on how this lil guy is NOTHING like his sister at this age. Freyja would pull up and cruise around on things but she never did learn to crawl or scoot til after she learned to walk. Its fascinating watching him crawl around and explore things!!
While awesome things come in chocolate packages, I highly advise AGAINST letting little ones devour half a chocolate fudge pop before their first birthday! Talking about tummy issues! Poor lil guy like to have died after having his first taste of pure bliss! Lesson learned...SMALL BITES!!! But man, this picture says it all...."What do you mean its all gone?!?!"
My big bugg is making more strides to becoming Miss Independent! The Easter Bunny delivered an early bunny gift to Miss Bugg on April fools day, we found an awesome deal on a bike just her size! Since she already had the protective gear, as soon as daddy got home from work she dragged him straight outside and on to her bike! With parental supervision she can cruise the cul de sac now with minimal assistance, though we did learn we are slightly up hill from the entrance of the cul de sac so making her way home is a tad more difficult on her own. She's only had one wipe out and thankfully the shin guards did their job!! By end of summer she should be doing laps in the driveway while David and I chase the little man!
In other news on the big bugg, she is still loving her tumbling class! We plan on enrolling her again this summer, I'm hoping to do a twice a week class for her but will see what the coach says when I get to meet with her to discuss Freyja's future in gymnastics. I would like to give her the opportunity to go as far as she can, as long as she enjoys it. 
Another big boy moment for the little man! We went to the grocery store yesterday and I decided to try strapping him into a "car cart" instead of carrying him. He LOVED it!! Sister taught him how to "steer", though he often reached over and wrecked her driving. Then at check out I got her the usual container of M&m's not thinking about the fact that he LOVES the empty containers, I gave Freyja hers and he almost jumped her for it! So had to grab a second one, which he loved even more because it rattled vs his usual empty ones. Another lesson learned, they are now to the age where I have to buy two of all the fun stuff!

In other news, the Easter Bunny brought me an early gift this year too. I just got a new digital camera!!! So I apologize in advance for any blurry or less than perfect pictures I may post in the near future but I am learning a new camera. This one is a HUGE step up from my last, I've gone from a 6mp to a 14.1mp so quality of the pix should be a bit better as well. That's all the news for now, I'm off to take the buggs to a bouncy place and hopefully wear some more energy out of them! So look forward to LOTS of pix this month as I play with my new camera and take my buggs on lots of new adventures! Love to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment